Thursday, December 9, 2010

ROAR into Reading! (Bookmarks)

In a Yahoo group I belong to, we volunteered and "adopted" a class of elementary readers. Each of us had to create 6 bookmarks.  Being that I didn't know what gender my bookmarks would be going to and didn't want there to be any problem, I chose something a little more neutral.

Animal Kingdom (Cricut Cartridge) has a bookmark button... so it got my wheels spinning. I love lions (tigers and bears, oh my!) and think they are incredibly majestic. Girls like lions, and so do boys. And so... I created the lions out of a tan-ish cardstock. (Most of my cardstock is simply my stash. I have no clue what brand it is... if I do, I will tell you...) I then distressed around it with Tim Holtz's Distress Inks, going a little grungy.  I cut 2 sets of faces, tail pieces and manes for each bookmark, so each side would be "the front". Before I had any facial parts stamps I detailed in the face with a pen, and attempted to color the noses with a Stardust Gellyroll pen... it kept dying on me (and it was new). So don't laugh at my animal faces. I Stickled a curly-cue around the mane area (did you know I LOVE STICKLES?).

I also keyed into my word processing program "ROAR into Reading!" and printed it in brown. I sliced up the 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of parchment-style paper and wrapped it around the bookmarks for more support. (The back is blank to allow for the each child's name.)

I think they turned out cute. What do you think?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!