As this holiday season passed, I realized it's been a very long time (over a year) since I've visited or written here. I love to write. I love to share. I just... put it off. With all the things running through my head at one time, it made it very difficult, and I just wasn't sure what to write anymore. But... looking around my house, at Christmas... all the magic that is still up and surrounding me, I was wondrous at myself for not being sure I put more time into things I treasure.
I treasure my family. I was definitely sad this season, and it didn't seem like the season at all because things were missing. And I say "things" because, well... they are tiny little details that maybe no one else would notice.
Then again... all of our living children were here on Christmas morning. We haven't had that in YEARS. It was a wonderful feeling.
Darkness crept in slowly, as I waited at another family member's house. The rest of my immediate family (siblings from one parent) would be there
There is always a little static with my other siblings... and this year did not disappoint...
*** and then it all changed ***
I spoke to a couple of people I'd expected to see at sometime during my break [from work]. My problems, my woes, my sadness - is NOTHING compared to what my dear friends are going through. No one had wanted to tell me. And so for that, as I sit here and plug this post in before the first day of the year is over
Wanna know my other "New Year, Better Me!" ideas? Here ya go:
1. Be a better listener.
2. Be more available, or at least present myself as more available!
3. If I do not complete a project, I'll be sure to put it on my calendar for a later date!
4. Read more.
5 Keep up with using items in my freezer...
6. Try my hardest to write more!
7. Try to get that craftroom cleaned up
8. Keep my super organized ways in gift-buying, organizing, and giving!
9. Keep a menu
10. Let things slide off my back a little better. I shouldn't have to carry the weight for everyone.
What are YOU going to do?
*** oh yeah... SQUIRREL! ***
Back to the original title of the post... Things I Treasure...
1. Family (my pets are included in this!)
2. Friends (includes all of you!)
4. Me time