Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Holidays Are HERE! Are you ready?

According to my date keeper (see the readiness thingy at the bottom of the site), it is less than 21 days until the Big Day.  BUT, if you are of a different faith/belief, your holiday time may already be here. What did you do/make? What are you going to do?  I would love to know!

I'm trying to finish up what I need to do. Like last year, most of the gifts are handmade. Some people may not appreciate it, but I am doing what I can afford. PLUS, it comes from me, not bought by me. I try to be creative and not super duper simple and uncaring. I don't take the "easy" way out. I put time and effort into each and every thing/item I make.

And if, by chance, you are receiving a gift from me... if you don't like it or don't want it... PLEASE don't tell me. Just accept it. This is the one time in the year I don't want the truth. The truth IS NOT what I want to hear.

This season, no matter your faith or beliefs, is about giving. "... And I give to you a part of me, because you are my friend. It's a mirror of the heart of me. Look inside; see my soul; share my song and it will never end..." (one of my favorite songs from way back in the day - 6th grade glee club... don't judge me!) I can't find the song any where, so if you know it... help me out with the origin, PLEASE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That was the first song I had to learn when I started voice lessons. I have been searching for it all this time also. I have no idea where it is from. I wonder if my old voice teacher still has the sheet music around. Hmmm. Do you remember more of the lyrics that what you posted?
    "It is somewhere deep inside me, the shadow of my mind, it's the echo of a thousand memories. It is sometimes sad and gentle and sometimes brave and strong, the reflection of my spirit, it's my song!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!