Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHQUAKE! it's really just a little shaker...

For those of you who are concerned... Yes, we had an earthquake in So Cal today. It was centered around Chino Hills, which is approximately 30 minutes west of us. We felt it.

My 3-year-old was talking about the "noise." You could hear the rumbling, a couple of things shook, but my trusty hanging lamp didn't budge.

As of right now, there is no significant structural damage reported, nor are there any major injuries. We like to shake things up a little here and there in Southern California, and we sure did today. So some of the grocery stores (and probably my hubby's work) will have a lot of cleaning up to do, but hey! they get paid to do it, right? lol! At least no one was seriously hurt.

Over here (where I'm at...) we haven't felt any of the after shocks, but I have supplied you with the following links to see not only the epicenter (in bold red) and the aftershocks, but to also see a list, which provides the exact times and depths of the quakes.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Maps/US2/33.35.-119.-117_eqs.php

Here is an actual map:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Maps/US2/33.35.-119.-117.php

These links are pretty neat. I usually use them to show my older girls, but they're not here right now, so they totally missed it. Some people prefer the news sites; I think these are much more cool! Oh well... Toodles for now! lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!