Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Weirdest Thing... on Craigslist

I went to wake up my girls this morning, as they weren't up and about when they should be (summer school... ya know!). Rey told me she didn't want to go and why. Apparently, she had received more than a handful of phone calls (via her cell phone, which has a LB number) since before 5am this morning. People kept calling, a few even yelled at her. She asked me to look on Craigslist for a "Harley". Someone had told her about this ad.

I couldn't find it. So I started calling the numbers. Someone finally answered and was kind enough to cooperate with me and apologized profusely for calling my daughter. But... he did give me the location of the ad.

Why did all of these people call? Well... the ad was listed under free stuff! It tells of a non-working Harley Davidson that someone would have to fix up, that just needs to be gone, because "the wife is nagging." Who wouldn't call on that. I can definately understand the frustration the people felt. There was no way to contact the person through e-mail. Only a phone number was given... THE WRONG ONE! And so... Rey has been instructed not to answer any other phone calls today (except from the numbers she knows), until this problem is solved.

I have written to "Help" at Craigslist. I have flagged the ad. Hopefully... something will get done soon. It is kind of scary, though. Anyway, thought I'd share... Always check your ads before submitting. Toodles for now! lisa

UPDATE! Well, Craigslist did an auto e-mail response with a bunch of FAQ's and a link for further assistance at their help forum. Someone nice enough responded to me in the forum, and I followed their link which sent me to a form on Craigslist, and per their instructions, I put a 911 in the e-mail subject line. It is now off the posting, and they are sorry for the problems. No problem, only 1 1/2 hours to fix it, after I knew about it... but 3 1/2 hours for wrong numbers... yikes! Anyway... problem solved. Toodles for now! lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!