Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Little Shake-Up Goes a Long Way!

So... after the earthquake, I decided to de-clutter.

I gave away approximately 70 children's books that Marissa had no interest in... Don't worry, she still has twice that!

I have been going through my craft and scrapbooking stuff, too. I sorted through the craft and scrapbooking things (that I had nearby) and categorized/organized them. I think I need bigger boxes! I also don't know what I was thinking way back when... I had all kinds of large cross-stitch projects to do. Yikes! So I gave away some of those, too...

Scrapbooking pretty much just got organized. This was actually my motivation, as I've signed up for some swaps and have got to get going! I took a semi-inventory and am doing some serious creative thinking. I've got some ideas, now should just sketch them through... I've already ordered some things I might need, to go along with the thoughts in my brain and what I've already got. A total of 52 cards (various groupings, 8 groups are of same item), 10 Christmas tags (to and from - all the same), and 6 Recipe Layouts for beverages (all the same) are needed by September 1st! (Please forgive me if you've participated in a swap and this sounds redundant to you... I've never done something like this.) Gotta get my groove on! I'm super excited!

I did stitch up a couple of mending projects that were sitting by my machine. I have got to get some navy thread in order to finish up two pairs of shorts (turning Dickies pants into shorts for hubby)!

Anyways... you can finally see my craft table... I mean dining room table, as the stuff is cleared off and put where it should be (for the most part). Don't worry, we don't usually eat there, we prefer the kitchen table. This took a whole 3 days (off and on)! I had a lot of stuff, and still do.

I get the girls back tomorrow, and next week will be totally hectic with registration, doctors, appointments, ortho appointments, and swimming. Ugh! What did I get myself into? Well, there's nothing like business to keep me from eating... here I go (lost 5 pounds this week!). Toodles for now! lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!