Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Monday Mojo with Create-A-Critter!

Yes, Happy August, folks! Can you believe it’s already here? Our summer is almost at an end, the kids go back to school next week!!! I am sooo not ready for that. There are sooo many things I didn’t do, that I wanted to. And so much sun to enjoy! But alas! All good things must come to an end. So… what’s better than a birthday card to cheer up the end-o-summer blues?

That’s right! The Queen of My Craftroom Design Team did a Create-A-Critter (CAC) project. And yes… here’s mine! 
I was going to a birthday party (taking my 6-year-old so I had an excuse to get an invite... hee, hee!), and the birthday girl (who was turning ONE!) happens to affectionately be called "Baby Bear." Ah ha! I said!!! What better cartridge than to break out my CAC cart and whip out a cutie patootie bear! Woohoo! and the fun began...
I don't quite remember the height, but I believe it was around 4", as the card (*gasp*!) I made twice the size I usually do. That's right... it wasn't the typical A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2, folded in half), it was a whole wonkin' 8 1/2 x 11, folded in half! Yes, I went big today! Hey!

The layers were fun, though. She's a little bit darkish (Thank you, California Sun!), so I made her bear dark, as well... with a Stickled eyes, nose and smile. I inked the blush on the cheeks (what's a baby bear with out a little messy-ness?) and popped a cute present in her hand.
Her balloon friend, I cut the base piece twice. Once in dark grey, and once in neon pink. I didn't want the nose and inside-ear parts to be dark, and I didn't want the string to be pink. And so... I played with the pieces, snipping them and placing them where I wanted them. It worked out just perfect for me. Then, I inked the sides and stuff with a little more blush ink. 
The "Happy Birthday" sentiment I took from another cartridge. Uh... I was working quickly and really don't remember which one... but I cut it out in a nice pastel pink to match the centers of the flowers (in the background paper) and passed it through Swiss Dots on the Cuttlebug. The "1st" I welded together (just a little bit), glittered it up with some Stickles and slightly pop-dotted it on top. 
And... my final product once again. This went together really fast, with my ATG gun and my Zig 2-way Glue. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without them. Thanks for stopping by, and YOU, too! can join in the fun and join in the challenges. Just pop in to Queen of My Craftroom, see what all of the other DT members have done, and add YOUR linkie! Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. That is just so darling. I just wanna hug that little bear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that lil bear!! Great job!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!