Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's Monday Mojo... and Back to School!

So, I know that lots of you out there think you've got plenty of time until school starts. Um, yeah... not so here. My kids start tomorrow!!! Yes, before the middle of August. And what better way than to celebrate the beginning of school than a Back-to-School challenge! and YES!!! I know it's TUESDAY, but we were super busy yesterday getting ready for back-to-school!!! Do forgive...

Over at Queen of My Craftroom, the DT's challenge was to make a card or layout. And so, in the spirit of back-to-school, my family gets back into a schedule (don't we all?). With that schedule, I try to make dinner every night and incorporate my kids helping to cook, as well. To make it a little more fun, I started a 6x6 recipe book.

Since some nights are chaotic, with homework and project assignments, tennis practices, shopping, and overall life, I did a fun, classic-style meal that the kids can make (parents, too!)... Lunchtime! Pigs in a Blanket! (can be dinner, too!)

This awesome paper was in my stash, and I cut it down into 6x6 squares, then sliced one of the squares in half (on the diagonal) and glued it on the full square, so that the cute border still made it onto the layout.

The bus is from Doodlecharms, and the cutie-pie kids are from Paper Doll Dress-Up.

A little chalk, some Stickles later, and we are zooming off to school!




Hope you like it, and don't forget... You, too, can join in the fun of our Back-To-School challenge. Make your card or layout, go to Queen of My Craftroom, and add your post (not the full blog!) link to Mr. Linky. We'd love to see what you've got to give! (the challenge link may not be available just yet, but keep trying...!)

1 comment:

  1. Very Cute Lisa!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!