Sunday, September 28, 2008

Who Needs Inspiration? Not Me!

I do... and I don't... My problem is... I get so many ideas, that I just get jam-packed and can't even focus on one. That is a problem. However, when I'm set to task, I pretty much get down to business, but now the other problem is time.

We had a virtual crop at Scrapbook BINGO! this month. Did I get anything done? Nope... I had tons of ideas, but too much in brain to even know where to begin. Plus... I didn't have any photos that wanted to go with those ideas (I only had old photos that I currently don't want to scrap!), as I hadn't had them printed, didn't have the time to upload them (or "fix" them for that matter), and didn't have the bucks to do it with. I know old pics would have solved that dilemma, but I didn't even want to go there. I wanted "fresh!"

I know many of us are overwhelmed with money problems, myself included. So I set out to start making a little cash again, and have been super busy. So... before I go to clean a house, I wanted to share with you a card I made. (Vic... if you are here... don't peek!) This is to go with a set of cookbooks from my mom... This is the card - done with (GUESS WHAT!) cardstock I already had (the envelope, too!). All of the materials I used were "stash." Which means... I don't really know where it came from, only that I already had it, and probably had it for a while.

The actual card is embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots. The present and the tag is from Cricut Doodlecharms. I used the ATG to glue everything down (LOVE that new toy of mine...), and punched through it all with my Crop-a-dile Big Bite. The "espressly for you" stamp is from Hero Arts, as well as the bling. The background for the stamp was cut out with "deckle" shears from Stampin' Up!
Here's a "close-up" of the ribbon and the brad (with embossing in the background).

When you "open" the present, the flour sack, bread, bowl and spoon are from Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up. I thought it would be cute to show a little bit of "get cooking" things to go with the gift.

That actually went super duper quick. I once heard, "If a card takes more than 15 minutes, it's time to move on." My thought was that it takes me more than 15 minutes just to put everything together, but that ATG 714 makes everything super simple. I was slinging my gun quickly. Like a pro!

I wish I could get more done. This week, along with a couple of non-scrapping projects, I'll be working on a board for a HooHaa at the Moreno Valley PTSA this coming weekend. I won't be there, as I will be at the Officials' Clinic, but I will at least get the board done. I'll post pics when I get that together... Gotta go! Toodles for now! lisa

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!