Friday, September 5, 2008

How Did I do it? (Card Tutorial)


I have had several people ask how I did a particular card (the one above). Well, like I said before, I don't necessarily "scraplift" an idea... but I will learn a new technique! I absolutely am in love with YouTube!!!
Here's a quick tutorial on how I got the "negative space" with a Cuttlebug... At this point, I would input the YouTube video here... but it looks like I can't, do to legalities. (However, if I'm wrong... please do not hesitate to comment or e-mail me and let me know how you do it!) Since I can't, I am providing the two links I saw on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3r8aDXK2Oo and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81ijR1-wp6o&feature=related.
Just a little fyi... this technique is SO easy and gives the most fabulous results. It takes an ink pad, a Cuttlebug embossing folder, cardstock, and (of course) a Cuttlebug with the plates. Both the videos talk about using a brayer. I did not have one when I did this. I simply swiped the (coffee colored) ink pad on the embossing folder, slipped in my cardstock (with the other end wrapped around to the flat side of the plate (so I used a full card) to not get the "other" side embossed. Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug in a very slow motion, so that all of the ink was absorbed, then ran it slowly in reverse.
I applied gingham strips as my frame, cut out a vase and stems from Walk in My Garden (Cricut), glued the stems to the vase, then flipped it and glued the vase w/stems to my paper. I then attached Provo Craft cardstock sticker daisies to the end of the stems, chalked the vase and stems to give it more of a "mossy" feel, then Stickled the stickers. Voila!
There is so much to learn from YouTube! You should check it out some time... Thanks for reading! Toodles for now! lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!