Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend's Almost Over... boo hoo....

This was a cooking weekend! Yummy! On Friday night, I made my famous pizza! My bread machine is one of my most useful (and time-saving) tools in the kitchen. For all of you Atkins (Adkins... whatever!) fans out there, WE LOVE CARBS! As long as we (I) eat them in moderation, I will be ok! I usually top it off with some fancified Prego, some mozzarella cheese, and other toppings.

Pizza dough:
1 c warm water
3 T olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1 1/2 T granulated sugar
1 t salt
3 c bread flour
1 1/2 t active dry yeast

Put it all in the bread machine (in the order stated above) and set to "dough" cycle. Voila! In approximately 50-75 minutes, you will have pizza dough... ready to roll!

Trust me! It is absolutely fabulous, and inexpensive to make, too! Try it... You'll like it!

And Saturday morning, I made pancakes, both traditional and banana, with bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, and orange juice. Heck no! I did not squeeze the oranges myself! Frozen concentrate works just fine for me... However, the banana pancakes were not IHOP style... the bananas were actually mashed with a fork and added to the batter, prior to griddle-baking. I would like to thank my wonderful workers who helped with breakfast - all three of the older girls helped, Renee, Stacy & Rey-Rey! Congrats ladies!!! You did a great job.

Saturday night, we had... (drumroll please!)... fettucine alfredo with grilled lemon-marinated chicken breast, broccoli on the side, and two types of bread (love that bread machine!)- rosemary-olive oil french rolls, and soft butter-top rolls. The kids (and Juan, too!) absolutely loved it all. Marissa ate her "own" food... but the rest of us filled our tummies. I know this is a totally fatty dish, but once again... in moderation, all should be ok...

This afternoon, we had chicken and dumplings (one of my all-time favorites for comfort food). It was totally delish! Easy enough for me to make, some people find it daunting. It was good, and we all enjoyed it. I pretty much only like dumplings "strip" style. I really don't like globules of uncooked dough that comes in the center of "drop" dumplings. Yuck! Anyway, we all liked it, except Marissa, who once again, ate her own food.

I've never had a picky eater. This is absolutely remarkable to me. I am astounded that Marissa could "not like" some of the things we eat. Way back when, I used to think picky eaters were developed from parents not giving their children a variety of foods. However, due to recent circumstances, my thoughts and opinions have changed dramatically. Marissa loved and ate everything as an infant. New foods that were introduced were not a problem... However, now they are! Yikes... what to do!

Tomorrow is MLK's birthday, so the kids have the day off... well, sort of. Stacy still has practice in the morning, so the rest of us will spend time at a friend's house scrapbooking and/or crafting for 3 hours, then come back home to complete some more decluttering.

Yahoo! Everything I listed on Freecycle is GONE! EVERYTHING! Now I can start on another little pile...

OK... enough rambling! It's almost 4am here, and I'm kinda tired... don't even realize what I'm saying or what I've already said... Did I forget to mention those yummy Krispy Kremes that Juan brought home Friday night? Uh... that's probably because there aren't any left! Those dang kids! lol! Yeah right... I didn't eat a single one, did I? Hmmmm........ Yummmm....... 'Night, 'night... Toodles for now! lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!