Friday, January 25, 2008

The Blues and the Princess Ghost

I cannot seem to get rid of this horrible headache or fluttery/cramping stomach. Yuck! I've tried taking a nap, but Marissa insists I "watch" her.

That means I watch her do EVERYTHING! From Play-doh to playing with her friends (she has every single stuffed animal lined up on the couch), she is non-stop. She keeps coming and asking, "Are you happy?" If I say anything about a headache or hurting, that is how she responds, by asking those 3 words, and running over to lift my chin up in her hands, while looking into my eyes. How precious that a child this size (she'll be 3 on Sunday...) can have so much compassion and caring, although she might not understand things, is beyond me.

She thinks that if I go to sleep or bury my head, that I'm not happy and she does everything in her power to make me feel alright. So I have the sickie blues...

She comes to me with her Disney Princess blanket draped over her, saying, "Boo... Boo..." Isn't Halloween long over? Well, she seems to think she can scare these blues out of me. Of course, I never tell her that I'm not happy. I am happy; I just don't feel good. But, alas, she is not understanding of this, and so... I have the Princess Ghost trying to scare the bejeezes out of me. It is funny, though. I see all of these princesses, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), and Belle (Beauty and the Beast) with a splendid castle hanging down to the ground. She cannot see out of the blanket and puts her hands in front of her trying to feel her way. She trips unexpectedly (to her) on the dragging blanket and giggles. "Boo... Boo..."

No, I'm not unhappy. I'm very happy. My child is glowing with love, and it makes me smile... even though I don't really feel like doing it. I just want to take a nap... But instead, I think I'll finish making my chicken soup... Toodles for now! lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    thank you for "Scrapbooks"
    Many greetings from Copenhagen
    Anita
    Ps. Marissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!