Monday, October 27, 2008

Scrapbook EXPO - Ontario, CA

I know I'm really behind in all of this (hey! what's new?), but I thought I'd give you all a little piece of stuff that's been going on...

Went to the Scrapbook Expo in Ontario on Friday... It was pretty good. It was smaller (with less vendors) than Costa Mesa, but it was still good. My goal was to spend only $20 (good luck w/that one!) and only stay for 4 hours (10am - 2pm).

The first goal... we all know was pretty much shot from the beginning. I don't know of anyone who could seriously want to go and only spend $20. Uh... parking alone was $8, then admission was $8 (but I had a $2 coupon!). Then... the first booth I stopped at had Stickles (by Ranger) for $1.75!!!! OMGosh! (You have to understand... online they cost $1.85 plus shipping, and in stores - the few you can find them in - they are $2.49 and up.) This was a fantastic deal! So I bought some...

Oh! But before I forget, I took my 3-year-old. She usually does really great at these things, and this was no exception (in behavior). However... she threw up right before I was going through the doors. Thankfully, she knows when her tummy doesn't feel good, so we made it to the bathroom. We all know how much of a cheapskate I am, so it took everything I had to ask her if she wanted to go home (I'd already blown 14 bucks, not to mention gas, just to get there - how bad of a mother am I?). Another "thankfully"... she said, "No, Mommy. You said you were going to buy me some stickers!" Woohoo! And so we stayed... If anyone else was there and saw a madwoman running down the aisles, pushing a stroller, yelling "Sick baby, EXCUSE ME!!!"... sorry about that! It was me! (We did this 2 times before 2pm.)

And for my steals: I got some (2) great Heidi Swapp stamp sets for less than a total of $10! Yeah me! I also got a bunch of embellishments at the dollar store (Dollar Scrapbooking). And at Pinecone Press... the had a bunch of their books (the thinner magazine-style ones) for $1!!! Woohoo! So I picked up a bunch of those. Hmmm... what else? Oh... Felt! I got a bunch of felt borders and things... really cheap...

I really don't want to think about how much I actually spent. I'm sure it's much less than others, but I know it's more than I planned on. So much for sticking to a budget... But I really did learn some new techniques... I think I can rub my finger into the glitter, instead of sprinkling it... Will try that one later!

I did get to meet up with a couple of online group sisters (HI, Jenn and Julia!!!) and met some other really interesting people, including this lady who talked non-stop at me and Jenn while we were in the line to get in, get through, and check out (same line... could ya tell?) at the Dollar Scrapbooking store. She was quite a hoot!

Now I'm finishing up working on my swaps that are due November 1st. OK... so we all know I procrastinate (again! what's new?). I will have them done and mailed out by Wednesday (at least that is my goal).

I did get my Halloween cards (for the Scrapbook Bingo Card Club) done and mailed out (will post pics later), and a couple of projects for the swaps. Yes! I have been taking pics as I go... Gotta get Marissa to sleep... It's late! Toodles for now! lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!