Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Little Bit of Halloween...

So, I've been doing my "swap" and card club stuff lately... got some things done... need to finish others. But, here's some views (SPOILER ALERT! - If you belong to either of these groups... do not move beyond this point if you want to be surprised!!!):


This is the cute little Halloween Card!


I just love the "Spiderweb" Cuttlebug embossing folder with sanding over the web to "distress" it and bring out the core white color. The spider is done w/Doodlecharms and Stickles. The pumpkins are Doodlecharms, Stickles and stitching.


The Frankenstein shaker is another Halloween favorite. The shaker box is made with Tags, Bags, Boxes and more on the Cricut and is painted with FolkArt paints (two greens mixed). The "hair" is Paper Dolls Dress Up with Stickles (Black Diamond).

Of course, I added spider and pumpkin punches, some beads and a little penwork.

Funny thing... on another message board, someone asked if the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge (Cricut) is worth it if only the original (the smaller) Cricut is owned. So many people said it wasn't, that things did not turn out "big" enough. I use this cartridge all the time, including in this post! The shaker box is done at the 3" setting. I can't imagine I would want it any bigger. I also use this for tags and bookplates, not to mention many other things it has. Great cartridge!
And here's my to/from Christmas tags! The tag is from (once again!) Tags, Bags, Boxes and More with the small Cricut. I love this Angel w/trumpet stamp! The embossing is done with the heat gun and Joanne's metallic embossing powders in silver and gold. On the back is stamped and embossed "To" and "From" in metallic silver with "Happy Holidays" done in metallic gold.
And I gotta love the organza ribbon in a Christmas green...
I'm still working on a couple of other things (gotta finish those up!), plus got Halloween coming. I still gotta make some treats for tomorrow's swim party and for dinner on Friday (Halloween).
Plus... there's always drama on the pool deck, and school (for one of the kids) is definitely a drama thing... but we won't go there, because I've had enough of the drama during the day, and I'm using my "zone" time to "zone!" Gotta get back to work... Toodles for now! lisa

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!