Thursday, February 7, 2008

Research, Reading, 'Riting & Laundry!

Among other things, I've been writing a lot (not here... sorry). With that comes research and reading. Currently, I'm reading a book on relationships. It is research for a test piece. We'll see how that goes.

Stacy's last water polo game was yesterday. Did I say my daughter is an awesome player? At least when she gets it in her head to play... She has an arm like a cannon and can shoot and score from the half (field). It's really too bad they lost (again), but some didn't give it all they had. There is one senior on the team who feels that her main goal was to be "captain", and that's where that ended. She swims almost relaxed and doesn't go for the ball, letting it skim past her into the other team's hands. (Sigh.) Oh well, we know she won't be there next year. Hopefully, next year, the team will begin with more spunk and pick it up even more. We are trying to get Rey to play, too. We'll see how that goes.

After the game, we went across the street to Church (it was Ash Wednesday - the beginning of the Lenten season)... to attend the shortest Mass ever known in the history of mankind. It was quick and not as crowded as our church. During Lent, I make sure we go to church every Sunday. I know... I'm a bad Catholic, but at least I don't reserve church for only two days a year! We usually continue on past the end of Lent, but somewhere, sometime, it fizzles out. Then I go when I "feel the need." How odd that the "need" usually comes around this season each year.

With so many things happening to me, my family, and my friends at this time of year, it's no wonder we always go at this time. It's like God's way of telling me... "Get back in there. I need to know you are still with me..." How odd, or is the a different version of Divine Intervention?

Now we continue on with the tradition of no meat on Fridays... YES! This includes chicken! I don't get how lots of people believe this is a substitute for fish. Oftentimes, we don't even eat fish, but a vegetarian-type meal. It is really not that hard. I don't understand why so many people seem to have a problem with it at this time of year, when they eat meals like this, normally, throughout the rest of the year on any day. Go figure. This is a time that we usually like. Yum!

My dad is doing much better. He is getting up and walking... they'll probably kick him out on Friday (according to my aunt). He even admits it is hereditary. Yikes! Uh... maybe I'll really begin to lose that weight, so as not to put so much strain on my potentially thin vessles... Dad is in really great condition, and that helped him a lot.

This link goes to the article written on my great grandmother (Dad's side). The actual bloodline gets complicated, but my Gran is doing so well, she ended up on the front page last Thursday! Congrats and keep it up! http://www.livingstondaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008801300318

Today is my normal laundry day. Oh what fun... but hey! I feel better just making sure I stick to my routine. I'm still clogged up, keep getting headaches (don't know what that's from!), doing the blonde thing (hollow feeling in my head... NO! That's not normal!), and normal tiredness, not to mention probable dehydration, as I really don't want to drink much - then I'd have to go - and it's mighty cold here!

You have a great day... I know I'll try. By the way... the "spellchecker" is not working on this site, so do forgive... The dryer just stopped... Marissa just got up... Gotta go! Toodles for now! lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!