Sunday, February 10, 2008

Daddy Got Out! (and Other Things...)

Of the hospital, that is. He is staying for a couple of days at my aunt's house (she is an RN, who spend many a year in the ICU/CCU) to get some 1-on-1 attention. He seems to think he will be returning home Sunday (tomorrow - to me... as I haven't gone to bed yet). We'll see... They sent him home on oxygen and potassium, and other wonderful things, so... like I said... we'll see. He also seems to think he will be going down to Baja (Mexico) for a fishing trip in the middle of March. Uh! We'll see!!!!!!! At least he is extremely positive and has some ambitious goals...

On this side, yesterday was Friday, and I had the most difficult time finding dinner. Since this is Lent, Friday is "fish" day (or vegetarian - just no meat!). I had a serious craving for Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna - you know... the really rich one with the Alfredo sauce oozing out, made with broccoli and carrots? Yum! I was going to make some French bread and make it cheesy garlic bread. But... Guess what? I went to 3 different stores, and couldn't find it. So... I gave up! I could've made it myself, only Alfredo is pretty pricey to make (to get it really rich and tasting right), and it would've taken hours - and usually only costs $9.88 to purchase already done... I ended up getting fish tenders and made fish tacos for everyone. They all like the sauce (1/2 c sour cream; 1/2 c mayo; 1/2 t ground cumin; juice from 1 lime). It was a hit, but I still missed with my craving. Oh well.

Today was a cleaning day and cooking day. Wait a minute! Everyday is a cooking day! Yeah, well... Juan brought home carnitas for breakfast, along with an Entenmann's Cheese-Filled Crumb Coffee Cake... oh my gosh! It was to die for! I ended up eating, then going through some things and (once again) de-cluttering. Did I tell you the Flylady (see the link to your right) habit for February is 15 minutes of de-cluttering? Hey! It's great! But I did it for more than 15 minutes...

For dinner, we had teriyaki beef ribs, Guy Fieri's "The Bomb Bakers", and steamed veggies (in chicken broth). The beef ribs were frozen, so I decided to have a go with one of my Christmas gifts. Juan gave me another crock pot - 8 quart that has an "auto" feature. With this auto feature, you can defrost, then when it detects the proper temperature, it switches itself to cook. What a smart cookie - or crockie! It worked beautifully. My ribs were done in time for dinner!

I stitched up something really quick, as well. 2 years ago, I received a Cuisinart Griddler. It comes with extra plates (2 sets - one for the griddle, one for the grill/panini press [has ridges]). One set is stored on the appliance, and the other came in throw-away plastic bags. I was getting tired of the plastic bags and made a simple little bag with a divider, out of red flannel (soft to not scratch, and red to go with my Coca-Cola kitchen). Now, it works just fine! No more fear of a tearing bag or scratches on the non-stick finish.

We watched a movie... I won't comment, as it was much worse than I thought it would be and really don't want to waste words on it... and I seem to have lost my day. Such is life.

Tomorrow is an unsure day. I was supposed to go to my mom's house to clean, but they are feeling under the weather, so she'll let me know in the morning. But, we are still going to Church in the a.m. If we end up not trekking out to my mom's... I'm sure I could come up with something to do (lol!). I still have more to write, and I still have to decorate for Valentine's Day! (You know it's this coming Thursday, right? Are you ready?) Gonna lay my head down, now. Toodles for now! lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!