Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Cards from the Weekend

Ok, sorry late in posting these, but I have been busy with my weight loss blog (see link in sidebar). I've also been blog surfing, trying to come up with ideas and inspiration. But... I'm ready to post these cards I made over the weekend.
This card was made (quickly) on Saturday for a Quincenera (Girls 15th [Coming Out] Birthday Party) that I didn't know I was going to until that morning. For the scalloped circles, I used Mini Monograms and my Cricut. The sentiment is George and Basic Shapes. I inked a Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, then ran one of the scallops through, the other scallop went through without the ink, then I layered them. I love the Fiskars "Threading Water" border punch, so I used that too. Underneath it all are two ribbons, a purple and white striped organza over a wide silky satin white ribbon. I sponged the card and the envelope and added some bling to the center of my scallops, as well as Stickles on the sentiment to make the card sparkle.
It may look a little off center, as it was initially meant to go horizontal, but I had printed the inside poem to read portrait-style, so I had to quickly change it. But, I think my "Birthday Blessings" came out okay, don't you?
And Sunday, while I waited for my brakes to be done (yes... I waited AT HOME!), I made 6 cards to catch up with the 2008 card club. I still have 6 more to make, then I can finally sign up for the January 2009 Card Club. I should be finishing those tomorrow. So... there are six of these:

The card club cards are supposed to be blank on the inside, so I just wanted to add a little sparkle to the starry night and Stickled (with a sponge) around the "Way to Go!" (done with the George Cartridge and my Cricut). The chipboard button is from the $1 bin at Michaels. The snowflake border at the bottom is Martha Stewart (on clearance at Michaels). I lined the inside with plain white paper for ease in writing and also to accentuate the border on both sides.

I will be entering both of these cards in the Cricut Christmas Noel Challenge #1 on Scrapbook Bingo... Watch Out Girls! I'm comin' to win it!!! LOL! Just kidding, but sorta serious. Toodles for now! lisa

2 comments:

  1. very nic....i like how u embossed the snowflakes on the bottom...was a nice touch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!