Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop (Day One)! This hop will take place November 24th through December 5th. Each of us will be posting something Christmas related each and every day at 8:00am, Eastern time (so for my Pacific Time Zone peeps... that's 5am... But don't worry, you can sleep in, and we'll all be here waiting for you, too!)... for 12 WHOLE DAYS! Let us inspire you to finish up that layout, make some special Christmas cards, or wrap that gift in a fun and festive way. If you've already started, you probably came from Barbara. She is so awesome, isn't she? While that's just a start... Let's continue this party!
I'm starting my portion of the hop with paper things. Things that are simple and easy to do. Today, I've got a card for you. And... instead of being a foo-foo, elegant Christmas card, I'm doing a more boy-ish masculine card today.
If you are on any of the Cricut groups (usually in Facebook), you may have seen lots of complaints about the print-and-cut feature (on the Explore or Explore Air). Many are frustrated and say it doesn't work, the machine isn't reading the register marks, the printer isn't printing, the cuts are "off", etc. Quite a while ago, I was having issues, too. I was new to it. But I jumped in and wanted to try "all" the feature of this wonderful machine. And things didn't work for me... And then I researched and read the manual (it's online, folks!). I calibrated my machine. I enabled permissions for my printer. I let the Explore Air take it's time and read the register marks
And so... I thought... "Hmm... maybe the updates have messed it all up? I'll try it all again." And I did. I found a cute little Santa flying in a plane. Threw it on my digital mat, enlarged it to fit an A2 card (usually an invitation size... I like little cards. Don't judge.), hit "send to mat", hit print... and out it came from my printer.
Ok. Back to my project. So, like I already said... I sized it to fit on an A2 card.
So I put it on a card that has been cut for a 5x5" card
And with that... Don't forget we have sponsors for each day and blog candy. Check with Lisa's Blog
Here is today's lineup, in case you get lost along the way (or want to repeat):
1. Lisa P. - http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com <=== The "other" Lisa!!!
** Julie - http://www.juliescreativepieces.blogspot.com/ (Guest Designer)
2. Madge - http://www.thescrappinlounge.com/blog...
3. Ashley W - http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com
4. Sandy - http://scrapbookblessingsclub.com
5. Elizabeth - http://CraftsByHappyStamper.com
6. Angela - www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com
7. Alicia - www.goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com
8. Miranda - www.nanasscrapspot.com
9. Daphne - http://craftyscrapsofstuff.blogspot.com
10. Rhonda - craftingwithblue.blogspot.com
11. Charmagne - http://www.sanurascraps.blogspot.com
12. Barbara- http://barbarab3.blogspot.com/
13. Lisa F - http://lisaslittlerascals.blogspot.com/ <===== You are HERE!
14. Sharondalyn - Http://www.clippingsbysharondalyn.blogspot.com <===== Next up!
15. Jessi - http://www.mylifeinartsncrafts.co
16. Heather - Http://www.paper-junkie.blogspot.com