Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lots to do...

There seems to be so much to do and so little time... what a cliche! But unfortunately, it is way too true. And so, we'll do a little re-cap...

Saturday (day) was spent at a swim meet. Rey took off time in almost every event she entered - Yeah, Rey! You go! Marissa and Jake (my nephew) had lots of fun playing around. There was lots of grass, but once again (listen up, TCC), no trash cans. So we had to find them all up by the pool deck. Someone passed out, the emergency (ambulance) came to help out and slightly delayed the meet. All in all it was ok... until it started to rain. Thankfully, it was towards the end of our kids swimming, and we didn't have to endure much...

Back to Mo Val... the sun was shining brightly! It was like two totally different worlds. The wind was rough, though. And we ended the day at the circus. Literally! Juan, Marissa and I went to Circus Vargas and had a blast. The trapeze artists flew over the tops of our heads... I never knew they came that close to the net in flight! Marissa loved it, but at the end asked, "Where are the elephants and lions?" Too true, this circus did not have them. There were a couple of dogs (one was outfitted like a lion) and a very large horse. By the time we got out, it had rained (you could see droplets coming through the tent pole holes during the show) and it was SUPER chilly!

Then it hailed! Hail the wonderfully white and hard stuff. I had to run out into my back yard and grab my "indoor" plants, so that they didn't freeze. I know... many of you live in cold snowy areas, but this is extremely unusual for here, so I took pictures! Yeah! The pics are from the morning when everything was beginning to melt, as it was too dark and too cold when it was actually hailing (plus... it's a little dangerous!). It looks almost like snow!

Sunday was dying Easter eggs (I know... it was a little early, but we had our reasons...). I got some really great photos. It's too bad my stepkids missed out. Then we had tacos! Yumo!

Monday... the car dealership was a blast, but my great friend, Karen, picked me up half-way through the wait and we went SHOPPING! Let me tell you... Target is clearancing out a lot of their "creative" stock, such as scrapbooking and cardmaking items. We got some really great deals there. Just watch out and price check a lot of it. Even if the item is very similar, it could be a more expensive price. Rey was sick on that day and stayed home from school, so I didn't take her with me, and she stayed home from swimming, as well. I had made Irish Beef Stew and biscuits for dinner, just to add in the St. Patty's Day flare. In the late afternoon, Karen returned to my house with bag in tow, and we got creative.
I mainly cut out stuff on my Cricut for cards (birthdays and Easter coming up), and did enough to get my move on. But, I also played a little with my new cartridge - Paper Dolls. I cut out all of the items for both of our smaller girls to do leprechauns with... Here's a pic of one of those. And I made some smaller cards from my "Sampler" cartridge. Now I think I really need the cartridge called "Zooballoo." It's got some really great bonus things in it... it makes cards and envelopes! Yeah!

Tuesday... Enchanted came out on DVD. This wonderful Disney movie is only $14.97 at Walmart ($13.99 if you get lucky!) I think we've watched it at least 10 times now. It really is a great movie!

Also, just a little FYI... Kohl's has the Dr. Seuss characters from many of the books in a medium size for $5. That is not even a sale price. Juan picked them up (including Horton from Horton Hears a Who) for Easter. Good prices, nice and soft, excellent quality!

It's time to start my day... I should've done that already, but I'm nursing the never-ending headache... ugh! Toodles for now! lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!