Friday, October 20, 2017

A Year of Card Techniques - (October Hop - Waterfall Cards)

Welcome to the

Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique. We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas.
There’s just something about interactive cards!  And Waterfall Cards are among the best interactive card techniques.  They look intricate, though, so we’ll let you in on any hints we uncover along the way.   Hopefully, we’ll inspire you to try one for yourself.
If you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here:
This month our amazing sponsor is none other than  Bugaboo Stamps
Please take a moment to check out their store here, their blog here and their Facebook page here.
And the awesome prize this month is $12.00 gift code to the store (about four digi images).
We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today.  The winner will be announced on Sunday, October 29, 2017, on A Piece of (my) Heart’s blog, so be sure to check her blog on Sunday.  If you would prefer to be notified if you win, please leave your email address in the comments and someone will contact you.  The winner will have until November 16, 2017, to claim their prize.
You should have arrived here from Jearise. If you're visiting here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing and increase your chances of winning by commenting on each blog.
Omgosh! Can we say... It's been a loooooonnnnngggg time! You know how life gets in the way... between that and computer issues, I've been out a time. But, HELLO! I'm back... and not so better than before!
Um. Waterfall cards. Whelp... they took a long time for me to get or not so get. Let's just say... use a FANTASTIC adhesive, k?
These were my starting materials:

Great colors, right???? Yup! That's what I thought/think, too!!! Of course I think. I'm alive. I'm breathing. I'm awake. Therefore I think, right???? Uh... too many past English professors in my head. Bother.

All the measuring and scoring and flipping and folding... Don't do this late at night... otherwise you'll get as frustrated as I do!!!! Eventually... it turned out ok.

Then the gluing down (with the pulley... 'cause that's what I'm gonna call that little flap!) And making sure it all works just "so." Because you know it eventually does, right?

All in all. I think (and there I go again) believe it ended up ok. A little heavier card than I like (there's lots of layers!!!), but ok in the end.
***NOTE!*** If you're going to mail one of these suckers, lay down the extra postage! AND place a tissue layer or thin paper layer over the top before sliding in the envelope. The PO is NOT friendly with these. It got to my friend and was banged up! So! Wish I had a picture!!!
Now you’re off to visit with Jodie. Hope you had fun and thanks for stopping by. See you next month with another technique!
Here’s the full line-up in case you get lost:

5 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your sense of humor as you create via trial and error. But success! As always. Nicely done. Great hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I can't see the pictures on my iPad. I will try it on my computer when I get back home tomorrow night. I am sure they were cute and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to have you back, Lisa! But unfortunately I can't see the pictures. I think I'll go try a different browser - sometimes Chrome does weird stuff. (Oh - by the way, GREAT tip about using really good adhesive!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I cannot see the pictures on your post. I'm sure you did a great job, though. I'll try back again later.

    Sharon
    A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I can't see your pictures either. I looked at your blog on my phone yesterday and no pictures so I tried my laptop today and still no pictures. I'm sure you did a great job as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!