Friday, July 7, 2017

All American Blog Hop

Welcome to the 
All American
Blog Hop

This hop is all about America and the things that make us great. Our projects hope to inspire you with our stars and stripes. I love the USA!

You should have arrived from Sue's blog.
If you need to start at the beginning please start at Connie Can Crop

This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday to finish hopping and leaving your love for all of these talented crafters.


We have an awesome sponsor for this month!

One lucky winner will win a $21 gift certificate to Bugaboo Stamps.

Be sure to check out her shop online HERE
Visit her on facebook HERE

What do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.


You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 7/19/17
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!

Now let's salute this great country!

My original project began with this incredible garland. (check!)

... Formed it to a wire frame. (check!) Hot-Glue-Gunned "everything"... (check!) 

Eek! I know it's supposed to be Star-Spangled and hot and all... But not a melted mess. Threw f-ed up project out. (check!)

Next up... um... Using my stash because I already wasted the expensive garland...


So I got this FANTASTIC stencil at Tuesday Morning. (Love that place!!!)

Gee... Those two on the left look exactly alike... because the ARE! And I didn't want to use a glitter/glimmer mist on a flag stencil. So... I went with a Red Wagon Mist (for the red... duh...).

But I'm not too fond of how the blue (Spectrum Noir) turned out... and certainly didn't think it would bleed through the THICK watercolor paper (used that because I totally love the texture!) but I stuck with it, because I knew it wouldn't bleed into the white stars later...
Totally know so you don't need to tell me that I really should use tape to tape down a stencil instead of scrap cardstock and my fingers or to block off areas... 
Looking around my stash room that's code for what should be my craftroom/mess room because EVERYONE piles EVERYTHING in there, and I can't ever find what I'm looking for!, I can't find white paint. or pens. or ink. or... or... And then I spotted it! A WHITE CHALK MARKER!!!! (Make sure you fill in all the points... not half-**sed like I did.)
The chalk marker tends to bleed a little bit...But it'll do. My paper has crisp flags!
I trimmed the flag (be sure your inks/paints are all dry before trimming! otherwise, they get all over your blade... YES... I have a massive mess to clean up! I adhered the flag (offset and skewed) onto my patriotic paper and added a vertical year. Now... I just have to get around to printing up this year's pics (we went to Knott's Berry Farm for the 4th) and scattering them around the page.

Now kindly hop on over to... um... (I'm the last hopper!) Connie (if you wanna start at the beginning again...) You can never get enough of a good thing! 

Here's our amazing line up in case you get lost:

14 comments:

  1. Great project, Lisa. Looks like a lot of work, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project!!

    Sue
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great flags! and I always enjoy reading your post!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. your post is awesome ...and I love your projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I am sitting here laughing so hard! I love reading how you put this project together because it sounds like me . Sorry you ruined your beautiful garland .

    I am a new follower you follow me back if you like .

    Hugs ,

    Chriss

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute project, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dang on the garland! Sorry!! I seriously hate when crap melts! Lol! But you are so fun spirited. I'd prob cry! Love the finished project! As always thanks for joining and for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project. Nice hopping along with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your flags and your sense of humor as always! We saved the best for last! ❤šŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha I hate it when a project just doesn't work out but def a laugh, thanks for that. Gorgeous flag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, I know what you mean with bleeding through the stencils. I had some issues too. Btw, somebody told about spraying the stencil with repositionable glue spray so it leaves no room for bleeding through... I haven't tried yet, but I will let you know when I buy one of those sprays... Tfs and for being fun patriot bloghopping partner.,. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your flags!!! Enjoyed being in the hop with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!