Friday, May 13, 2016

A Year of Card Techniques - (May) Spinner Cards

If you are here for the Hats Off Bloghop, pleases go HERE, or you can check it all out. We'd love to have you!
Welcome to
http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com/2016/05/a-year-of-card-techniques-may-blog-hop.html
Can you believe it's already month five of our year long adventure into different card-making techniques, folds and paper crafting products? We hope you got the chance to hop with us each month.

It's not to late to hop and comment to be entered into our prize drawing. If you missed any of the previous months,  you can click on the month to be taken directly to the start of that month's hop:
January HERE
February HERE
March HERE
April HERE

This month we will be creating spinner cards and you won't want to miss the amazing and fun cards we've got for you today. We really love feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in today's hop. Each comment on the 12 hops throughout the year will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Blitsy.com gift certificate.

Now on with the projects.

I need to tell you something first... Before this, (*whispering*) I had never done a spinner card. Yup. NEVER. I always thought they looked great and cute and fun and whimsical, but... I'd never done one. Sometimes, things intimidate me, and it takes me awhile/forever to get over it. And so I watched these suggested videos, beginning with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OjuzBcshc

and another one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnR7dXLrJg (Kinda brilliant tip included in this one... to use the square punch [at an angle, of course...] to make the edge of a banner! Can we say, "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?!" and another little tipster... to make a "technique page with a mini-size spinner and instructions. WOW!!!) Note to self/(YOU, too!): You need to watch these videos to know what I'm talking about.

And now for my fave... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoiThHoXeQ0 (Lawn Fawn) OMG! She just makes the cutest frickin' cards EVER!!!! And since I didn't have a punch... I went for this technique. It made things "more better..." Super scratch that! I couldn't find my circle dies, either...

And so... I did my best. I looked at the size of my foam dots and adjusted a slot in Design Space accordingly. Time to sticky-up that mat again... otherwise it slips (unsticks) and cuts like so:
Note... the bottom one is JUST fine...
So my original plan of making TWO every time I make a card is scrapped...
I stamped and heat-embossed two ladybugs. So cute!
Forget the "fussy" cutting... I let my Brother Scan-N-Cut 2 do all that!
*Special Note To Self* Don't use Wannabe Stickles unless you WANNABE using your finger to spread it, since the tip constantly gets clogged.
*Second Special Note To Self* When using Stickles or any other type of glitter glue or ANY glue for that matter!!!, open your card before applying gluey embellishments. They may dry together, if you don't do this. Double DUH!
And then we have the curve-drying technique...
Heat-gun your card, should it dry curved, and it pretty much straightens itself out.
OOOh! This + this + this + THAT = a PENNY SPINNER CARD? Yup! REAL pennies, folks!
My first attempt... My fifth attempt because all THESE (see below) lost their STICKY!!!! (They wouldn't stick. What a waste!)
They fell off the paper backing...
And there we have her... Except she doesn't move...
*Third Special Note To Self* Be sure you do not have any ink or coloring next to any of the other paper or cardstock you may or may not be using... (It'll show through the slot...)
Time to peel it up and make 'er work!
Double-stacked and... MUCH BETTER!
Now she totally slides everywhere.
But THIS distance between two papers is WAY too much for me!
So, I red-taped that schtuff together!
And now, it looks way more presentable!
Finalemente! I hope you enjoyed it!!! I sure did! (and btw... I did try it with "buttons". WAY too light!)

And here's today's lineup... Happy spinning hopping!

10 comments:

  1. wow! you did a great job! also a technique I have not tried. I need to step out of my box!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always crack me up. You say all the things in my head in your "cross outs". Love your lady bug. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lisa and I like the detailed description you gave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen those kinds of "oh no" cuts you shared. I always press my luck by waiting too long to change my mats or blades...you'd think I'd learn. But your card is amazing! Such a cute idea and I love the colors. I love hopping with you and look forward to seeing what you create each month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable and nice to show all the shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lady bug is cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. The ladybug is super cute.

    Sharon
    A Piece Of Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, my little ladybug, you crack me up!
    The card is totally cute.
    THANKS for hopping with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I thought my card was frustrating to make but you win! I watched more videos then were posted in the event and put some from this one and that one together. These cards are adorable but not as easy as they look. I love, love, love your ladybug!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!