It's month four of our year long adventure into different card-making techniques,
folds and paper crafting products. We hope you got the chance to hop with us in previous months. If not, it's not to late to hop and comment.
If you missed January's hop, you can still hop and comment by starting HERE; if you missed February's hop, you can still hop and comment by starting HERE; if you missed March's hop, you can still hop and comment by starting HERE.
This month we will be creating shaker cards and you won't want to miss the amazing and fun cards we've got for you today.
We really love feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in today's hop. Each comment on the 12 hops throughout the year will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Blitsy.com gift certificate.
Now on with the projects.
I'm thinking this is my year of do-overs. I absolutely love some of the things I've made, but have given them
First... I took searched my shelves for Mod Podge Glitter!
Then... I sponge-brushed it on 5"x4" acetate panels (2 of them)... and let it dry... (FYI... I used scraps of plastic
See? It's all clear now!
Cut out "F A L L" (in Storybook font, without weldin) on a Terrifically Tacky Tape (sheet)... well, what was left of it (it was 3.25"x3.25"). It ran off the edge, obliterating an "L", so I deleted 3 letters from my screen, rotated and moved the "L" to squeeze it onto the leftover bits of the sheet (improvisation at it's finest!) and cut again.
Now... here's the really CAREFUL part. I outlined (on white paper... the one I used as a mat while I Mod-Podged them) the area of the acetate. Then... I centered lines, so the placement of my letters would be just that... CENTERED!
Then, I super duper carefully peeled the white backing off my letters, and placed them on the
and carefully peeled off the red plastic coating to get THIS... (another note... I placed the white paper underneath ALSO so that bits of things wouldn't cling to the acetate... I
Then... added a little burnt orange ProvoCraft glitter (thanks to goodness to clearance sales from years ago... twenty-five cents keeps on going!!!)... to achieve THIS. (it'd'n't purtee?)
I had already cut out an aperture in a card blank (craft cardstock! one of my FAVES!!!), large enough for my acetate. (btw... I can't find the pics of these steps... sorry...) I adhered the non-FALL acetate to the underside of the card opening, sprinkled in some punched out apples and leaves from various scraps, put adhesive around the edges of that acetate (be sure to adhere the complete perimeter, so that whatever you're putting in your shaker-box doesn't escape through an itty-bitty opening!!!), lined up my FALL acetate, and pushed it down. Another NOTE: I think I'd use my infamous caulking next time, but was looking to not have SO much shaker room...
Then I finished it up, by inking the framed portion of the card with Cat's Eye gold ink and a tad of Wink of Stella (Gold)...
... tied a strip of twine (recycled from a kids' toy packaging! be sure to check out the awesome extras that come with your kids' toys!!!!
Really... I am super happy with the total result. You have to look "beyond" the pictures, actually look "through" them to see the full thing. I loved the idea!
Thanks for stopping by... and if you'd like to participate in our technique, feel free and be sure to leave me a link to your project, so I can comment and return the favor!
Hope you have a great "falling-in" with Spring! ... Up next is Kim.
Here's today's line-up in case you get lost along the way: