Friday, January 8, 2016

A Year of Card Techniques - (January) Emboss Resist

Welcome to
http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com/2015/12/january-technique-blog-hop.html

This is the first in a year long series of monthly blog hops focusing on techniques for card makers.
Each month we'll feature a different technique or fold or product. We've assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced so you'll get a great variety of cards and ideas.

This month we will be focusing on emboss resist techniques and WOW have we got
some cool cards for you today. We really love feedback so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in today's hop. Each comment on the 12 hops throughout the year will be entered into a prize drawing for a $25 Blitsy.com gift certificate at the end of the year.

Now on with the projects.

First of all... you all know... I'M A DORK!!!! I totally did a whole 'nother project (layout), which was totally out of my box... It was a layout about ME! I took a lot of time, sweat and tears doing this... (and I'll post it all tomorrow [Sunday] so I can still share it). My brain was on post-holiday overload, and I was simply thinking the resist... on anything paper. Actually, I was trying to think of what other media forms I could do it on as well... but I must digress at this point and let you get on with the actual purpose of this post...

Since the original project I did see above was totally NOT ok for this, I still decided to go with the same theme. Short story (you'll get the long story tomorrow... I promise...)... I joined a 90-day challenge and invested my own $$$. Since I spent $$$, I totally believe I'll do it, because I'm a total cheapskate I'm a penny-pincher and live on the cheap very frugally. So... I did this super quickie card for my distributor of It Works! (Zeni!)

I went with a "Snowflake" opaque pigment ink by Martha Stewart as my clear embossing inks were a little less than what I would like, see tomorrow's post and stamped "2016" and "Dream Big" (in a set a won from the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop from Jessi! Thank you, Jessi!) and added clear embossing powder...


Then used my trust heating tool...

Blended a pretty (and sunny!) yellow ink all around the edges. (This is supposed to be inspirational and uplifting... hint... hint...)

Then brushed on my SUPER POSITIVE watercolor pens... (see the beading over the resist?)


And brushed it off with a handy wipe.

Voila!

Things I might want to remember in the future. Use Watercolor Paper when using water and watercolors... Duh... Be sure to swipe and wipe in other words: CLEAN as I go... otherwise you get residual ink on the card... Duh.

And with that... be sure to come back tomorrow to get my whole "DUH!" moment and my layout. (It's about ME! and I've never EVER done one! until now...)

Up next is Jearise!

I sure hope you see how really easy it emboss resist is to do. Try one, it's kind of addicting! You can't "resist"! Yes... that pun was intended...

Here's today's line-up in case you get lost along the way
Theresa
Kim
Claudia
Denise
Debbie
Sharon
Lisa
Jearise

19 comments:

  1. Love the lettering on those stamps.
    Thanks for taking this journey with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy a challenge. It gets me to try new things and maybe out of my box or rut now and then. Thank you for inviting me!

      Delete
  2. This turned out great! I can't wait to come back tomorrow to see you DUH moment and get to know you a little better.

    It was fun hopping with you.

    Sharon
    A Piece Of Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you. My "DUH!" moment should be up any moment...

      Delete
  3. Well, I loved your project, but I loved your post even more. You are so entertaining, Lisa, and you make me smile every time I come visit you. And I will come back tomorrow to read all the details. It was fun hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's always a pleasure hopping with you, too, Kim!

      Delete
  4. I am glad I am not the only one with a blond moment once in a while LOL...great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yup! I seem to have them all. the. time. lol! And thank you!

      Delete
  5. Your post is so entertaining! I like how you tell about what didn't work and you keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I quit... I'd NEVER get anything done. lol!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tutorial! Thanks to your humor I'm coming back tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! And thank YOU! Hope you enjoy the new post!

      Delete
  7. You are hysterical. It's like you're in my head . . . I have many a "dug" moment (daily), usually centered around losing embellishments, stamps, pieces of my cards or layouts, or putting things together in the wrong order. Love your project, and coming back tomorrow for the full story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you enjoy today's project, and hope you enjoy today's project (oh wait! I already said that... another "DUH!"). lol! OOpsie!

      Delete
  8. Lol your post was great. That's g great stamp set. I also tend to do before cleaning and have residual on my projects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It seems that I'm either too lazy to get up and get the wipes to clean off the stamps... or just plain can't find the wipes, or maybe even in too much of a rush to bother. Any of the ways... is detrimental to a project (unless we just say we did it on purpose to add "character". Yeah.. we'll go with that one, right?)

      Delete
  9. Your page looks great very bright bold and uplifting :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I didn't know you can use wipes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice layout. Good luck on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!