Friday, July 30, 2010

Did You Get a Spammy EMAIL from Me?

Let me tell you...

Around 8:30'ish PST, today, a whole crapload of emails went out from my Yahoo account. They were not pre-meditated and were unknown.

The email was an empty subject email. It contained a link for who knows what. Spam has gotten into many Yahoo group accounts recently and has been making the rounds to anybody on some lists. I don't know if this is where it originated from or not, but this is what I've heard.

I do not open unknown emails, nor do I click on links I am unsure of. So... this was not MY doing.

I am terribly sorry if you received one of these. Please, in the future, if you do not see my signature at the bottom, or if there is no subject and only a link (without an explanation... 'cause I usually say something about everything)... Please, PLEASE, please! Do not open it! It is as simple as that.

Things happen, and short of cancelling out all my emails, this is the only thing I can think of and the simplest. It applies to most emails, not just from one or more of my accounts. But so far... the only account (of mine) this has happened to is the one belonging to Yahoo and signed up with various Yahoo Groups.

I beg your forgiveness... moving on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!