Monday, April 6, 2009

Agua Caliente - Day Four

Friday, March 27, 2009
Yesterday was a doozy.
Normal day... pool (I didn't go in - a little too sunburned), catch, lunch, breakfast (not necessarily in that order). Breakfast was my specialty (chorizo and eggs). Lunch was another... carne asada quesadillas. Yum!
The baby did better walking and playing... Thank goodness! She was all over the place - movies, blowing bubbles, catching bugs. She loves the bug catchers with the magnifying glass in it. We caught lots of moths last night.
Mom and the girls went to a more receptive for cell phones to get ahold of my sister - to see if she was coming or not, plus talk to Jr and hear his status and get the details. He was supposed to leave my sister directions... by my mom left voicemail directions, as she couldn't get ahold of her whywho. And Jr says he left/gave them to her (can't tell which it is!).
OK... so time passes. I realize NONE of the texts the girls sent to my sister went through. The phone was in "off." So more time goes... my mom and I finally go to call/text her and see where she is.
You don't wanna know! She was about 2 hrs off! She had just left at 7:37. She was supposed to leave around 2pm. Didn't happen. Go figure. So we figured her for around 7:30'ish. And I got all of the texts to go through.
More time... 7:30'ish... I go alone to see how she's progressing. I should've known. She is infamous for getting lost. She definitely does not have a GPS system built in (or purchased!).
She was another 2 hrs off! She had turned the wrong way at Julian! Between calls, I was looking at maps and trying to figure out just where the heck she was, when she called me again and said they were going home. They were at the entrance to the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Way out of the way. Yikes! So, I went back to deliver my news.
My mom disagrees and said she gave the right information/directions, regardless of what my sister said. But from what my sister tells me, it sounds like what they thought/said. It really is a semi-confusing deal, if you don't know and if you don't have a map.
Anyway, we ate dinner. I went to bed... and I heard a car pull up. They had gotten almost all the way home when she decide to come back the way I'd told her and bring my mom's cake for her birthday. How sweet. Literally, she made a full circle. That was one long round trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!