Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jingle Belles: Baby It's Cold Outside!

So... this week's (due in a couple of minutes!!!) challenge was "Baby, It's Cold Outside." And so... me, being the lover of all things steamy (get your head outta the gut-ter!!!) and warm, and scrumptious and that fill my mug up (yes, my cup runneth over...), I went with the cup o' jo card from Cricut's Joy of the Season cartridge. Using the "card" feature, I programmed it to cut at 8.5" wide, which got me an almost A2 card. Woohoo! No figuring at all...

Quickly (because, we ALL know I procrastinated again... well... I was really busy for the past couple of days, so hey!) I masked off the card with painter's tape and left the mug free for GLIMMER-MIST SPRAYING!!! And I zapped it with Cinnamon... peeled off the tape and got this:

A little messy, but we (I) can fix that up...

Long story short, I mitered (again! I just love the more "finished" look of mitered ribbon) some gingerbread ribbon to make a border and cover up the messiness, adhered a "Merry Christmas" background to the back of the cut... and then realized the challenge wasn't "How to Warm Up"... it was supposed to feature mittens or scarf of something... so...
I cut (in a royal blue), mittens and a scarf (Winter Woodland cartridge) adhered it to the bottom of the card, filled in with glitter glue and touched up with some more... and glitter-glued (yes, they are all STICKLES!!!)the steamy swirls of the cup of coffee/hot chocolate/hot-buttered rum (use your imagination P-E-O-P-L-E!!!!). And voila!



We (I!!!) were done...

If you'd like to join in, please check them out at Jingle Belles, as another challenge will be up and running every Friday morning. Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. ooooooooooh! now see THAT IS JUST SOOOOOOOOOOOO CLEVER! i am completely and ever-freshly re-impressed by the things you can do with your cricut! seriously, you are single-handedly making me NEED ONE. (at least that is what i'll be telling lovely husband jeff, so just go with it, k?!) :)

    the misted mug/steam cut out window is just unbelievably gorgeous and so cool! i love that you went back and added the mittens and scarf too, tho, just to meet "the technical" part of the prompt! ♥♥♥AWESOME♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spray-zapped mug is fantastic ... and how perfect is that ribbon frame ... and then throw in mittens and a scarf and you've got a warm-your-heart masterpiece ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neato cuppa joe cut-out window there, Lisa-Lisa!! Of course, now I want a cup of coffee, really, really bad! :)

    But I digress... Love how you mitered your ribbon treatment too, for the frame. Very, very clever. Never thought to do that!

    Really fun card! And all right down to the wire. Yay YOU! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of this and the cup and the ribbon frame (LOVE the mitering) already had me thinking warm and cozy, then you added the great scarf and mittens touch! The card came together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!